Queen Bey’s Eldest Child Receives BET Award at the Age of 7
At a very young age (7), Blue Ivy has already been recognized and praised for her work with her mother on the new “Lion King” soundtrack. Blue Ivy first featured on Beyonce’s heartfelt video for the powerful song “Spirit”. This very same song from Disney’s “The Lion King” has already received a Grammy nomination or two for the upcoming year, 2020.
A few weeks ago, Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s daughter, Blue Ivy, received her very first award. Specifically, the Carter’s eldest child took home The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award from BET’s Soul Train Awards. Believe it or not, the 7-year-old is actually one of the co-writers of the hit song that is apart of the “Lion King” soundtrack, “Brown Skin Girl”. Blue Ivy shares this award with other artists that collaborated with her on the track such as Nigerian artist, Wizkid, Guyanese artist, SAINt JHN, and no artist other than Beyoncé herself. Blue Ivy both leads and concludes “Brown Skin Girl” with her vocals.
Additionally, “Brown Skin Girl” from Disney’s “The Lion King” was nominated for another award. The song was nominated for the best collaboration at the 2019 BET Soul Train Awards. On the other hand, Chris Brown and Drake’s “No Guidance” swopped in for the title, including other award-winning titles at the 2019 Soul Train Awards, such as the best dance performance, AND the song of the year.
There are no worries, for “Brown Skin Girl” has been getting the recognition it deserves on additional platforms, such as the Billboard Charts. “The Lion King” track at hand has landed on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, earning Blue Ivy Carter her first-career entry on the Hot 100. “Brown Skin Girl” from Beyoncé’s ‘The Lion King: The Gift’ album debuted at No. 76 this past July. The whole album itself had placed as high as No. 2 on the Billboard 200.
Listeners and fans alike all take to “Brown Skin Girl” being that it praises dark-skinned and brown-skinned females for the way they are created. The song is designed to make these types of individuals know their worth – to make young girls and women of color hold their heads up high and embrace their uniqueness, culture, and beauty. The message of the song can be easily distinguished through lyrics such as “There’s complexities in complexion, but your skin, it glow like diamonds…Took everything in life, baby know your worth, I love everything about you from your nappy curls, to every single curve, your body natural…”, and the chorus itself. On the whole, this song is a must-listen for those who need a confidence boost, for those who need to know the value and greatness of ‘black’ women, or/and those who simply want to listen to Blue Ivy’s voice (or any other artist in the song).
Female Rapper Cardi B assumes the name of “Chioma B” while in Nigeria
Grammy award-winning rap artist, Cardi B, made her way to Nigeria’s largest, beloved city, Lagos, this past Thursday. Cardi displayed immense excitement for the trip to the Motherland through her most recent Instagram posts. She is set to perform twice in the same week to headline the Livespot X Festival. Her first performance has taken place several hours ago in Lagos, Nigeria, while the second performance will take place this upcoming Saturday in the heart of Ghana, Accra. The American rap artist will be taking the stage by storm with Nigerian artists such as afrobeat sensation, Davido, Hip-hop artist, Tiwa Savage, and singers Olamide, and Burna Boy.
On her way to West Africa in her privet jet, Cardi was twerking to Davido’s “Fall”. To everyone’s greatest surprise, Cardi B suddenly came on the track. Apparently, this is a remix that has been in the works for some time, but has not been officially released. The icing on the cake comes later on on that very same day when the “Press” singer released a story on Instagram where she declared that she is now “Chioma B”. The funny aspect of it is that this happens to be the name of Davido’s soon-to be wife, Chioma Rowland.
Cardi, or rather, “Chioma”, has further expressed interest to bask in the ambience of the Nigerian culture through working the traditional ensemble at her meet-and-greet, and barely containing her eagerness to try popular Nigerian dishes such as jellof rice and fish. The female rap artist tells her followers “I want to see like the real Nigeria, I don’t want to eat hotel food, I want like real Nigerian food – ALL that fish, ALL that jellof rice – all that, all that.” as she shows the beautiful view from her hotel room. In the very same video, she proceeds to state her desires, singing “Take me to the hooood, take me as I should, I want to goooo hang with some hooo, where are the thuug? mmm mmm mmm mmmm”. Well, best believe that the “Bodak Yellow” artist did just that later on that day.
For those who know Cardi B, it is not a surprise that one of the first places she had hit up in Nigeria not so long after her arrival was a strip club. The VIP star of the night was thoroughly enjoying herself, not holding back when it came to showering the dancers/strippers with Naira, the currency of Nigeria. “Chioma B” was definitely getting herself amped-up for her two upcoming live shows in Nigeria just as much as she was getting herself amped-up for new experiences.
….. To Be Concluded
The 2019 American Music Awards Overview
2019 AMA Program Transcript
- Selena Gomez kicks off the American Music Awards right away. Gomez initially performs her number one song “Lose you to love me”, and then transitions to singing “Look at her now” – the same order in which the songs were released.
– A lot of people caught onto the fact that Selena was singing off-key during her “Lose You to Love Me” performance. This is more than likely due to the fact that she had suffered from a ‘panic attack’ not so long before coming on stage to headline the AMA’s. In addition, Billboard has released a public statement that revealed that technical difficulties took place during Gomez’s performance. Selena finds herself in time to finish off the performance on a high note.
- Ciara executes yet another ground breaking performance – as the host this time around. Ciara’s performance is a body pumping anthem. Cici takes it down with her energy and her stellar dance moves alongside a group of adults, and later, a group of talented children. La La Anthony and Ester Dean performed on stage with the “Body Party” singer.
- The young Billie Eilish wins an AMA for Best Alternative Rock Artist, trumping well-known and loved pop rock groups such as Imagine Dragons, and Panic! at the Disco.
- Afterwards, Ciara’s two adorable little children speak live on the AMA’s to confirm that their mama is doing a good job so far.
- Hasley wins an AMA for best pop rock song “Without Me”.
- Lizzo performs her latest single “Jerome”.
- Country singer and songwriter, Thomas Rhett, performs his sweet song “Look What God Gave Her”.
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello performed their #1 hit “Señorita”. Midst their performance, audience members such the Artist of the Decade (Taylor Swift) were left practically speechless due to the duo’s chemistry that reflected on stage.
- Succeeding Mendes’ and Cabello’s performance, Taylor Swift received an AMA for best pop rock album with her standout song, “Lover”.
- Kesha and Big Freedia perform “Raising Hell”. The performance is bright, energetic and well choreographed. The audience is left up on their feet dancing to the unique, powerful song.
– Thereafter, Kesha takes everyone back a decade through performing her 2009 hit song “Tik Tok”.
- Paula Abdul introduces the next performer, Toni Braxton. Abdul mentions that it was exactly 25 years ago where Braxton had won her first music award at the AMA’s (for Adult Contemporary New Artist). She performed one of her greatest songs, “Unbreak My Heart”. Toni Braxton delivered a crisp, natural, passionate performance with her unwavering, powerful voice that shook the whole crowd.
Not so long after her powerhouse performance, Braxton tweets a shoutout to the American Music Awards, exclaiming “Great to be home #AMAs”.
- Country Album AMA is awarded to Carrie Underwood for “Cry Pretty”. This is Underwood’s 14th American Music Award win. The presenter simultaneously awarded Carrie Underwood with an AMA for the best female country artist award, which was another great surprise to Carrie.
- Billie Eilish performs one of her songs, which is called “All the good girls go to Hell”. Eilish serves the audience with a fiery performance (yes, pun intended), and the audiences feeds off the energy of her performance.
- The Collaboration of the Year AMA goes to the latest power couple, Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, with their romantic single “Señorita”.
- New Artist of the Year Award is clinched by the soon-to-be 18-year-old, Billie Eilish. This same adolescent pushed past fellow nominees like Luke Combs, Lil Nas X, Lizzo and Ella Mai for the win. This is surely Billie Ellish’s year. Within minutes, Eilish officially becomes a two-time AMA winner.
- Hasley performs her newest hit song, “Graveyard”. Despite the title of the song, Hasley’s performance was nothing but colors.
- Following Hasley’s performace, two-time AMA winner Billie Eilish is given the honors of introducing the next performance of the night: The Green Day performs one of their best songs, “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”.
- Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Album goes to back to back Billboard Hot 100 chart topper, Post Malone.
- Camila Cabello is brought back out to perform… solo this time. She sings one of her newest songs “Living Proof”.
- Jonas Brothers perform their hit “Only Human” live from Boston.
- The AMA’s delves back into Taylor Swifts incredible history as a musical artist. After they acknowledge Swift as the Artist of the Decade and the person to have clinched the most AMA’s ever, Taylor Swift Performs throw-back songs like “Love Story”, followed by “I Knew You Were Trouble”, “Blank Space”, and “Shake it Off”. Taylor ended her great music performance with one of her most recent, loved songs, “Lover”. After the performance, the Artist of the Decade award was finally handed over to Taylor Swift by the living legend, Carole King.
– Taylor Swift takes her time to express how important Carole King’s contribution as an artist was to her and her family. Additionally, she expressed her gratitude to her fans, supporters, and her current recording label.
- After the break, rapper Meghan the Stallion announces that Lil Nas X and Billy Ray’s song “Old Town Road” has won the AMA for the Hip-Hop song of the year.
- Christina Aguilera performs the heartfelt song “Fall on Me” with the Great Big World.
- Post Malone performs “Circles”. Afterwards, Ozzy Osbourne and Travis Scott emerge on stage to join Malone, and perform their song “Take What You Want”. This is yet another intense, fiery performance of the night.
- Dua Lipa performs her feel-good song “Don’t Stop Now”.
- Favorite Country Song AMA is awarded to the duo Dan + Shay for “Speechless”.
- The most prestigious award (as described by Regina King); the Artist of the Year award, is awarded to no one other than the multi-time, record-breaking AMA winner, Taylor Swift.
- Shania Twain performs and closes out the 2019 American Music Awards. She sings her own version of Post Malone’s “Rockstar”, 21 Pilots’ “Stressed Out”, Taylor Swift’s “Shake it off”, and Drake’s “God’s plan”. She converts to signing her own songs such as “You’re Still the One”, “Any Man of Mine”, “That Don’t Impress Me Much”, and “Man! I Feel Like A Woman”.
All in all, the 2019 American Music Awards was a night to remember in more ways than one. The musical artists all stood out in their own respective ways, whether it was through their wardrobe, their singing, their personalized choreography, and/or their individual speeches. Record-breaking history went down at the Los Angeles Microsoft Theater, for there were a lot of ‘firsts’, such as Ciara being the AMA’s first person to serve as a host, AND a performer in one shot, and Billie Eilish being one of the youngest artists of all time to earn a AMA not once, but TWICE in the same night. More firsts include Toni Braxton stepping foot in the AMA’s once again, since 25 years ago, when she took home her first AMA, followed by Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello winning their first AMA, and Taylor Swift being declared not only as the “Artist of the Decade”, but the “Artist of the year” concurrently. On an ending note, one of the biggest things that people who tune into the American Music Awards can appreciate about a lot of the performers of the night is the fact that in addition to performing their latest songs (if applicable), they also implemented a few of the great hits that they have released in the past.
False Alarm Results in the Temporary Shutdown of the Whitehouse
Earlier part of the morning, the Whitehouse went into full lockdown mode due to an aircraft crossing the threshold of restricted air space.
When such events occur, the state has special codes to describe the direness of the reported emergency. The codes vary from color to color, such as yellow, orange, and red (yellow signifying a low state of alert, to red signifying the need for evacuation). In this case, however, it was not classified as a low state of emergency, and it thankfully was not determined as an event where people needed to be evacuated. On the other hand, it came in pretty close to escalating to a code red, for a code orange was issued. A code orange translates into the situation being considered and treated as a high state of alert.
According to CNN, the WH lockdown has been officialy lifted. Whomever was controlling the aircraft did not pose any threat to the state or its people. The matter of fact is that the aircraft wandering onto restricted grounds resulted in fighter jets scrambling. Due to the verification of a false alarm, code orange has been significantly reduced to a code yellow.
Nyekachi Douglas Wins 2019 Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant
Bayelsa, Nigeria – Miss Nyekachi Douglas,
The 21-year-old U.S. based model beat other 36 contestants to win the crown at the finale of the pageant, which took place in Bayelsa State
The prestigious event which was held at the Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, Bayelsa State on October 11, 2019 was characterised with several catchy and interesting moments.
Dignitaries from different all parts of Nigeria and beyond, graced the occasion .
Below are pictures from the event
International7 months ago
Maziyke, Main Newspapers hardcover reports.
Bizare2 years ago
Pius and Dr, Ifenyiwa Angbo: The sad story of everyday Nigerian hardworking women.
latest news11 months ago
New Music-1People, words/melody by Emman I Agu-Maziyke
Entertainment3 years ago
PRESS RELEASE: CMC GLADIATORS OF REPUTE AND CORNEL ENTERTAINMENT TEAM COMMISERRATE WITH TVC, News.
Inside America3 years ago
Breaking News: Trump and Melania test positive for Covid-19.
Entertainment2 years ago
Cicely Tyson: BET And CBS News To Honor the iconic legend With Primetime Special
Entertainment2 years ago
Trump Pardons Lil Wayne and other Rappers
Inside America2 years ago
A strange Inauguration eve: why this night’s so different-AGU writes.
Entertainment2 months ago
WWE Sham Wrestlemania in Hollywood-MaZiyke
Inside America2 years ago
New Year Shocker: Texas judge dismisses suit aimed at overturning election results