Connect with us

Inside America

(Inside America) EX Cop shoots wife in front of two Kids!

Published

on

ww

Queens-New York— “Daddy shot mommy!” two hysterical children — a 4-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy — screamed inside a Queens bodega. “Daddy shot mommy!”
Around the corner from the Casablanca deli on Saturday, cops were combing a bloody crime scene. An unhinged former cop shot and killed his wife in front of their two young kids in Ozone Park just before 11 a.m., police sources said.
Cops found ex-cop Kevin Canty, 43, stumbling around drunk near the corner of 97th and Centreville Sts. He was arrested without further violence.
Paramedics, meanwhile, were feverishly working on 40-year-old Jessica Mera. They took the mom from the couple’s home on 104th St., past the front door adorned with an Easter bunny decoration and into a waiting ambulance. Mera, blasted in the chest, could not be saved. She died at Jamaica Hospital. Female victim’s children are removed from home to safe location after they witnessed their mother getting shot by their father, say cops.
As cops carted the dreadlocked gunman to the 102nd Precinct stationhouse, a neighbor took the traumatized children to the nearby deli.
“The boy told me personally: ‘My dad shot my mom and there’s blood all over,'” said the neighbor who asked to remain anonymous.
“My wife heard gunshots and the kids were running out on the street,” he added. “They were banging on car doors as cars were passing by. They were trying to get help, someone to listen to them.” In July 2012, Kevin Canty was hailed as a hero for helping save the life of a man who suffered a heart attack in the Union Square subway station.
Before Canty was arrested, cops in body armor and carrying bullet-proof shields descended on the home. NYPD helicopters hovered overhead. A 911 caller told police that a man fitting Canty’s description was trying to open the doors of unoccupied cars a mile and a half away from the crime scene, authorities said.
Canty appeared delirious while handcuffed and repeatedly banged his head against the inside of a squad car window.
About 10 stunned friends and family of Mera’s had little to say as they lingered at the entrance of the emergency room
.
“They are going through a really tough time right now,” said one man who only identified himself as Mera’s friend.
“You have no idea what this family has been through — this is only the tip of the iceberg.”
Several neighbors said the couple had four children, though it was unclear if any of them were from previous relationships.
The callous crime amounted to a stunning downfall for Canty, sources said. In July 2012 the former transit cop was hailed as a hero for helping save the life of a man who suffered a heart attack in the Union Square subway station.
Police sources said he retired last year due to a disability.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inside America

OBAMA, fully vaccinated and boosted TESTS POSITIVE TO Covid-19

Published

on

The former President of the United States, Barack Obama said on Sunday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is “feeling fine” other than a scratchy throat.

Both the 60-year-old Obama and his wife Michelle Obama are fully vaccinated and boosted, the former president said. Michelle Obama has tested negative.

Obama said his diagnosis is “a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, even as cases go down.”

Continue Reading

Inside America

Cheslie Kryst, Former Miss USA Jumps Off Manhattan Skyscraper

Published

on

Miss USA 2019 pageant winner, Cheslie Kryst has passed away at the age of 30, after jumping off from the roof of her New York City condominium. Kryst’s body was discovered on the sidewalk outside the Orion Condominium building at 7:05 a.m. on Sunday. At the scene, she was pronounced dead. “In devastation and tremendous grief, we share the demise of our dear Cheslie,” a statement said, confirming the 30-year-old beauty queen’s death.

The 2019 pageant winner and 30-year-old lawyer jumped from her luxury 60-story Orion building at 350 W. 42nd St. around 7:15 a.m. and was found dead in the street below, sources said.

“In devastation and great sorrow, we share the passing of our beloved Cheslie,” the former beauty queen’s family said in a statement Sunday. 

“Her great light was one that inspired others around the world with her beauty and strength. She cared, she loved, she laughed and she shined.

“Cheslie embodied love and served others, whether through her work as an attorney fighting for social justice, as Miss USA and as a host on EXTRA,” her family said. “But most importantly as a daughter, sister, friend, mentor and colleague — we know her impact will live on.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

My Husband Held a Gun to my Head Twice – Dr Dre’s Wife

Published

on

Famous rapper and producer Dr. Dre who is currently hospitalized due to Aneurysm has been slammed by his wife, Nicole Young for allegedly holding a gun to her head on two occasions during their 25year old marriage.

Nicole filed for divorce from the Beats Co-founder, Andre, and the legal documents detailed her long abusive ordeal in the hands of her soon-to-be ex-husband.

“I have explained in excruciating and painful detail the abuse that Andre has perpetrated against me over our more than 25-year relationship. Andre has held a gun to my head on two occasions, on January 8, 2020, and November 20, 2001; Andre has punched me in the head/face on two occasions, in 1999 and on January 8, 2000; Andre kicked down the door to a bedroom in which I was hiding from his rage in 2016; Andre has verbally and emotionally decimated my personhood to the extent that I currently suffer post-traumatic stress syndrome,” – legal documents filed on Jan. 5, which were obtained by the Daily Mail in an article published on Wednesday (Jan. 13) narrated.

The documents also confirm the producer claims that law enforcement was never called during the couple’s lengthy marriage.

Continue Reading

Inside America

New Year Shocker: Texas judge dismisses suit aimed at overturning election results

Published

on

Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Friday dismissed a last-gasp lawsuit led by a House Republican that aimed to give Vice President Mike Pence the power to overturn the results of the presidential election won by Joe Biden when Congress formally counts the Electoral College votes next week.

Pence, as president of the Senate, will oversee the session Wednesday and declare the winner of the White House race. The Electoral College this month cemented Biden’s 306-232 victory, and multiple legal efforts by President Donald Trump’s campaign to challenge the results have failed.

The suit named Pence, who has a largely ceremonial role in next week’s proceedings, as the defendant and asked the court to throw out the 1887 law that spells out how Congress handles the vote counting. It asserted that the vice president “may exercise the exclusive authority and sole discretion in determining which electoral votes to count for a given State.”

In dismissing the lawsuit filed by Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, and a group of Republican electors from Arizona, Texas U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle, a Trump appointee, wrote that the plaintiffs “allege an injury that is not fairly traceable” to Pence, “and is unlikely to be redressed by the requested relief.”

The Justice Department represented Pence in a case that aimed to find a way to keep his boss, President Donald Trump, in power. In a court filing in Texas on Thursday, the department said the plaintiffs “have sued the wrong defendant” — if, in fact, any of those suing actually have “a judicially cognizable claim.”

The department said, in effect, that the suit objects to long-standing procedures laid out in law, “not any actions that Vice President Pence has taken,” so he should not be the target of the suit.

“A suit to establish that the Vice President has discretion over the count, filed against the Vice President, is a walking legal contradiction,” the department argued.

Trump, the first president to lose a reelection bid in almost 30 years, has attributed his defeat to widespread voter fraud. But a range of nonpartisan election officials and Republicans has confirmed there was no fraud in the November contest that would change the results of the election. That includes former Attorney General William Barr, who said he saw no reason to appoint a special counsel to look into the president’s claims about the 2020 election. He resigned from his post last week.

Trump and his allies have filed roughly 50 lawsuits challenging election results, and nearly all have been dismissed or dropped. He’s also lost twice at the Supreme Court.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: