The NewsCap (TNC, New York) -A felon and a father of an 11-month-old boy, used his son as a human shield, while the police closed in on him. During the shoot out, his son got shot four times. The man, Nafes Monroe, is now under arrest in connection with the shooting, the district attorney’s office announced on Tuesday.
The innocent boy, Yaseem Munir Jenkins, was shot four times, including once in the head, while inside a vehicle in the city’s Hunting Park section on October 19.
Authorities said the toddler was in the back seat of a car, along with his father, Nafes Monroe, his stepmother, and another man when shots rang out.
Investigators said Monroe used his son as a human shield to thwart off a potential upset drug dealer.
“He was using counterfeit money to purchase drugs, knowing that counterfeit money is something that is very upsetting to drug dealers, and when they find out that they’re being burned with counterfeit money, they act violently. And this was not the first instance of Mr. Monroe using counterfeit money,” said Anthony Voci with the district attorney’s office.
“It’s our belief and our investigation has led us to believe that he intentionally had his child with him when he was making such types of purchases with the idea or belief that if someone saw that he had a child in the car that they would not fire upon him,” Voci added. “A human shield is probably the term that I would use.” Even after the shooting, Voci said Monroe didn’t rush his son to the hospital.
“He also was the individual that was not only in the car with his child in harm’s way, but drove the child to a house rather than taking him to a hospital immediately, then dropped his child off at the hospital and never looked back,” said Voci.
Yaseem Munir Jenkins continues to fight for his life.
A family spokesperson released this statement to Action News last month on behalf of Yaseem’s mother:
“My son is fighting for his life and it is not fair. He’s innocent, so precious, and his smile will brighten up anyone’s day. He’s such a bubbly kid. So loving and lovable. How could anyone be so heartless! Please do the right thing and help us find some form of closure or answers in this tragic situation. Help us find the shooter. I can’t eat or sleep. I need justice for my baby…For the coward who did this to him, you will pay, even if it not today or tomorrow. God will handle you accordingly.”
Monroe was previously taken into custody on a probation violation. He has since been charged with reckless endangering another person and endangering the welfare of a child.
OBAMA, fully vaccinated and boosted TESTS POSITIVE TO Covid-19
I just tested positive for COVID. I’ve had a scratchy throat for a couple days, but am feeling fine otherwise. Michelle and I are grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, and she has tested negative.— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 13, 2022
It’s a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, even as cases go down.
The former President of the United States, Barack Obama said on Sunday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is “feeling fine” other than a scratchy throat.
Both the 60-year-old Obama and his wife Michelle Obama are fully vaccinated and boosted, the former president said. Michelle Obama has tested negative.
Obama said his diagnosis is “a reminder to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, even as cases go down.”
Cheslie Kryst, Former Miss USA Jumps Off Manhattan Skyscraper
Miss USA 2019 pageant winner, Cheslie Kryst has passed away at the age of 30, after jumping off from the roof of her New York City condominium. Kryst’s body was discovered on the sidewalk outside the Orion Condominium building at 7:05 a.m. on Sunday. At the scene, she was pronounced dead. “In devastation and tremendous grief, we share the demise of our dear Cheslie,” a statement said, confirming the 30-year-old beauty queen’s death.
The 2019 pageant winner and 30-year-old lawyer jumped from her luxury 60-story Orion building at 350 W. 42nd St. around 7:15 a.m. and was found dead in the street below, sources said.
“In devastation and great sorrow, we share the passing of our beloved Cheslie,” the former beauty queen’s family said in a statement Sunday.
“Her great light was one that inspired others around the world with her beauty and strength. She cared, she loved, she laughed and she shined.
“Cheslie embodied love and served others, whether through her work as an attorney fighting for social justice, as Miss USA and as a host on EXTRA,” her family said. “But most importantly as a daughter, sister, friend, mentor and colleague — we know her impact will live on.”
My Husband Held a Gun to my Head Twice – Dr Dre’s Wife
Famous rapper and producer Dr. Dre who is currently hospitalized due to Aneurysm has been slammed by his wife, Nicole Young for allegedly holding a gun to her head on two occasions during their 25year old marriage.
Nicole filed for divorce from the Beats Co-founder, Andre, and the legal documents detailed her long abusive ordeal in the hands of her soon-to-be ex-husband.
“I have explained in excruciating and painful detail the abuse that Andre has perpetrated against me over our more than 25-year relationship. Andre has held a gun to my head on two occasions, on January 8, 2020, and November 20, 2001; Andre has punched me in the head/face on two occasions, in 1999 and on January 8, 2000; Andre kicked down the door to a bedroom in which I was hiding from his rage in 2016; Andre has verbally and emotionally decimated my personhood to the extent that I currently suffer post-traumatic stress syndrome,” – legal documents filed on Jan. 5, which were obtained by the Daily Mail in an article published on Wednesday (Jan. 13) narrated.
The documents also confirm the producer claims that law enforcement was never called during the couple’s lengthy marriage.
New Year Shocker: Texas judge dismisses suit aimed at overturning election results
WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Friday dismissed a last-gasp lawsuit led by a House Republican that aimed to give Vice President Mike Pence the power to overturn the results of the presidential election won by Joe Biden when Congress formally counts the Electoral College votes next week.
Pence, as president of the Senate, will oversee the session Wednesday and declare the winner of the White House race. The Electoral College this month cemented Biden’s 306-232 victory, and multiple legal efforts by President Donald Trump’s campaign to challenge the results have failed.
The suit named Pence, who has a largely ceremonial role in next week’s proceedings, as the defendant and asked the court to throw out the 1887 law that spells out how Congress handles the vote counting. It asserted that the vice president “may exercise the exclusive authority and sole discretion in determining which electoral votes to count for a given State.”
In dismissing the lawsuit filed by Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, and a group of Republican electors from Arizona, Texas U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle, a Trump appointee, wrote that the plaintiffs “allege an injury that is not fairly traceable” to Pence, “and is unlikely to be redressed by the requested relief.”
The Justice Department represented Pence in a case that aimed to find a way to keep his boss, President Donald Trump, in power. In a court filing in Texas on Thursday, the department said the plaintiffs “have sued the wrong defendant” — if, in fact, any of those suing actually have “a judicially cognizable claim.”
The department said, in effect, that the suit objects to long-standing procedures laid out in law, “not any actions that Vice President Pence has taken,” so he should not be the target of the suit.
“A suit to establish that the Vice President has discretion over the count, filed against the Vice President, is a walking legal contradiction,” the department argued.
Trump, the first president to lose a reelection bid in almost 30 years, has attributed his defeat to widespread voter fraud. But a range of nonpartisan election officials and Republicans has confirmed there was no fraud in the November contest that would change the results of the election. That includes former Attorney General William Barr, who said he saw no reason to appoint a special counsel to look into the president’s claims about the 2020 election. He resigned from his post last week.
Trump and his allies have filed roughly 50 lawsuits challenging election results, and nearly all have been dismissed or dropped. He’s also lost twice at the Supreme Court.
International2 months ago
Maziyke, Main Newspapers hardcover reports.
Special Report3 years ago
New Music-Why fans call MAZIYKE, AllaBama
Inside America3 years ago
Maziyke-The way I feel debuts on 6th of July
world3 years ago
Nigeria: We Should Learn From Obama, Says Emma Agu
Entertainment3 years ago
Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Diddy, Halsey, Arianna Grande & others blast Donald trump!
latest news3 years ago
Gen. James Mattis breaks his silence: Says, President Trump is a threat to the United States Constitution
Inside America3 years ago
Maziyke-Emman Agu (Pictures)
Bizare2 years ago
Pius and Dr, Ifenyiwa Angbo: The sad story of everyday Nigerian hardworking women.
Op-Ed3 years ago
Op-Ed: “What you’re seeing is people pushed to the edge”, by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:
Inside America3 years ago
Inside America: Minneapolis cop who knelt on man’s neck charged with murder